Based in Cyberspace / Huntsville, AL
Pixel: ru² (are you squared) is a game that is a combination of a platformer, a shooter, and a puzzle game. The gameplay features color theory based puzzle and combat mechanics, and gravity manipulation based puzzle and platforming mechanics. There are a lot of simple systems stacked on top of each other, which makes it easy to learn, but difficult to master.
We live in an amazing time. Computers are becoming smarter and more powerful, and more tangible items are being turned into digital data. Science predicts that within the next hundred years artificial intelligence (AI) will be as smart as humans. Imagine the possibilities if this trend continues for thousands of years.
- Colorblind mode for those of us that see the world differently.
- Shooter mechanics that are based around color theory. Shoot infected pixels with their opposite colors to turn them white and make them a dead pixel.
- Platforming mechanics based around manipulating the gravity of yourself and other objects.
- Puzzle mechanics that involve gravity manipulation and color theory. Change the color and gravity of yourself and other objects to get through the levels.
- Full story told throughout a series of challenging puzzles.
- A drag and drop level editor with a logic engine that allows you to make simple or complex levels.
- Corsair Gaming RGB LED keyboards change color in sync with your pixel's actions in the game.
- Stereoscopic 3D mode for devices like the Oculus Rift.
- A Flappy Pixel mod with a unique flappy game mechanic and original song. Yes, it also has Oculus Rift support.
Trailer (latest early access build on Steam) YouTube
Let's Play (by Dead Workers Party) YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Thomas Was Alone, with colorful puzzles (literally) and a shotgun."
- Indie HYPE,
- "Pixel was easily the most challenging game, and probably one of the most rewarding, at PAX East this year."
- Blane Humphries,
- "Pixel is a punishingly hard but very rewarding platformer/shooter/puzzle game."
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About C63 Industries
C63 Industries is a game studio dedicated to producing intelligent games on forward-thinking platforms. Since 2010, we've been working on the Train Engine , a modular game engine made with C++/CLI as well as some C/C++, which is being used to produce our first independent game, Pixel: ru² (are you squared) - currently available for early release on Windows, with stereoscopic 3D support compatible with Oculus Rift VR. Coming soon: integrated color-effects for Corsair RGB gaming keyboards.
At C63 Industries, we enjoy seamless integration with technology. Among our other projects, we've partnered with MindGear Labs to build educational games for SMALLab , an immersive motion-controlled gaming environment for schools that makes students feel like they're inside the game.
We're passionate about games that are inclusive and futuristic. We believe that there's no need to make games an exclusionary platform, and we hope that our designs reflect this with design elements that are friendly to color-blind and deaf players, and stories about a future where everyone is just a pixel. Okay, seriously: we like games where no one feels excluded, or that present odd and unique viewpoints.
More information on C63 Industries, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pixel: ru² Credits
Charlotte M. Ellett
Jesse W. Schirmer